- This event has passed.
Charting the LifeCourse and Person Centered Thinking in Ohio
May 16 2019 at 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Charting the LifeCourse: An Overview of the Framework and Tools
The Charting the LifeCourse (CtLC) Framework was created BY FAMILIES to help individuals and families of all abilities and all ages develop a vision for a good life, think about what they need to know and do, identify how to find or develop supports and discover what it takes to live the lives they want.
The framework and tools help professionals:
– assist individuals and families to move beyond a focus on life now to look ahead and think about life experiences that help them move toward an inclusive, productive life in the future
– facilitate conversations with people with disabilities and families to learn what they want and how to help them
– problem solve how to provide support
– identify how to provide integrated support
– learn the basic framework of Charting the LifeCourse (CtLC)
– practice using a few of the CtLC tools
– identify how to use CtLC to empower people with disabilities and families, identify supports, problem solve, plan, and review
– identify how to use CtLC to support staff providing services and supports