- This event has passed.
Advanced Boot Camp (Boot Camp II)
February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Dr. Greg LaForme & Tom Speaks
Ok, so you participated in Supervision Bootcamp at one of OPRA’s Regional presentations and you learned a lot!
Now, time to earn your stripes and attend Bootcamp II where new skills will be presented.
Agencies serving Individuals with Developmental Disabilities remain faced with significant challenges in recruiting and retaining a new generation of staff. National turnover rates range from 40% to 70% making service continuity and quality difficult. One major variable in retention is the quality of your front line Supervisors. Do they have the skills is help minimize turnover?
In this dynamic and humorous presentation IMPACT presenters will help your staff learn:
- How to use the “MAGIC WORD”! No, it’s not “please”.
- The 15, no 10 Commandments of Supervision.
- How to be “SIC” but not “ILL”
- 20+ Supervision No, no’s!
- How to Communicate and create a Positive Work Environment.
- How to positively correct Staff behaviors and handle conflict.