Keeping providers informed of the ever-changing landscape of customer needs, new technology, best practices and pending rules, regulations, and system plans is a critical element of OPRA's role. To keep members up to speed, OPRA conducts several statewide conferences and training seminars annually. Other efforts include forums among the DD service systems' leaders, encompassing strategic planning, financial management, and direct support staff development.
OPRA is an approved continuing education provider by authorization from:
- Accountancy Board of Ohio
- Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administration (BENHA)
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (Social Work Hours Only)
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (Adult Services/Day Habilitation; County Board Member; Service & Support Admin; Support/Assistant Support and Licensure)