Who is OPRA?
As a statewide association of service providers, OPRA is a leader in efforts to collaboratively build a statewide service system that meets the needs of our ultimate customers: Ohioans with developmental disabilities. Currently, OPRA's membership consists of more than 150 organizations, both for-profit and not-for-profit, providing services to more than 15,000 Ohioans with developmental disabilities. OPRA represents approximately 70% of the state's community-based providers.
Our Mission . . .
To support and provide advocacy for community-based service providers to ensure the availability of programs, services and funding adequate to support and assist individuals with developmental disabilities as they strive to achieve a life of increasing independence, productivity and integration.
Our Core Strategy . . .
- To work with legislators, administrative agencies and other stakeholder groups, including families and community-based organizations, to shape public policies that deeply affect people with developmental disabilities.
- To protect the right of individuals and families to choose where and how their loved ones are cared for and supported, and our highest priority is providing and sustaining high-quality services for all Ohioans with disabilities.
- To promote the creation of a statewide structure that is rational, equitable, fair and effective.
Benefits to our Members . . .
- Advocacy and information to make sure your voice is heard
- Training and bi-annual conferences to foster learning and networking
- Resources such as participating in the Service Provider Directory, Job Bank, Member Discounts and much, much more
- Targeted focus areas of information sharing through Committees and Listserves
- Timely news and information about your statewide association and what is happening in the field of developmental disabilities